City Hall sends infrastructure renewal notices to the OPCA's email address. The notices below are examples of letters and notices the Cavendish Park area residents received throughout 2018. Oxford Park neighbours can expect to receive similar notices when infrastructure work is pending for their street.
Oxford Park completed a Neighbourhood Safety Audit in April 2017 in partnership with NeighbourGood London.
A significant number of these issues can be addressed when our streets are replaced.
What safety changes can we make happen during infrastructure construction?
Download the report below to see if your area of concern can be addressed.
Oxford Park has two heritage-designated homes:
There are several homes on the heritage inventory, which are not protected by designation:
Research repeatedly shows that the value of heritage homes overwhelmingly tends to equal or surpass the average property values of the neighbourhood.
Designation of: 20 Woodward Avenue
The building at 20 Woodward Avenue is a large, simple two storey Queen Anne vernacular farmhouse constructed in 1887. The house is constructed of tongue and groove wood siding and has an L-shaped side hall plan. There are two projecting bay windows on the front and side of the property. There are pedimented and earred surrounds around most windows. The small front porch is attractive with cut-out fretwork. The front entrance door has a stained glass transom. An attractive side door leads to the upper floor. The side dormer over the porch has a gothic window.
The house was built for Henry Tozer, a carpenter and later contractor.
Registered on: August 22, 1991
Name: Henry Richard K. Tozer
Spouse: Elizabeth Jane Tierney
Marriage Date: 2 Sep 1875
Marriage Place: London
Marriage County: London
Registration #: 50758
Designation of: 26 Woodward Avenue
26 Woodward Avenue is a two storey, white brick house house with the distinctive gambrel roof associated with the Shingle style, here enriched by an elaborate bargeboard and gable. The front facade has a full length verandah supported by columns. Stained glass windows can be found in the dining and living room windows, the round side hall window (south elevation), as well as, the transom over the front door. All of the windows and doors have brick voussoirs.
Built in 1906 by local contractor H.R.K. Tozer as his private residence. Tozer Avenue is named after him.
Registered: May 14, 1993 by then-owner, Elsie Tozer
Copyright © 2018 Oxford Park Community Association (OPCA) - All Rights Reserved.